The Epiphone 1959 Les Paul Standard supplies all the hallmarks of the unforgettable ’59 Gibson — the figured AAA maple top, that lean and mean late-’50s neck profile, and those crystal-clear Gibson PAF pickups — at an irresistible price. And take it from guitarists at Sweetwater: this thing really delivers. Whether you’ve always wanted a true ’59 and didn’t want to fork over the cash, or even if you’re a proud collector and just want an instrument to take out on the road, the Epiphone 1959 Les Paul Standard has the looks and features you’ve been searching for. Solid mahogany and maple tonewoods. A “VOS-like” aged gloss finish. Premium pots and hardware. It’s all here in the ready-to-rock Epiphone 1959 Les Paul Standard from Sweetwater, no upgrades required.
The late-’50s Les Paul recipe is maple on mahogany. And that’s exactly what you get in the Epiphone 1959 Les Paul Standard. The solid AAA flame maple cap boasts a rich natural figuring and imparts a snappy tonal quality to the rich, resonant, full-weight mahogany body. The 24.75-inch-scale mahogany neck sports the slimmed-down medium “C” profile reminiscent of true ’59s, along with the 12-inch radius and medium-jumbo frets these guitars are known for.
1959 was the year Gibson really dialed in the response of its Seth Lover PAF (“Patent Applied For”) pickups. Nowhere is this sound better captured than in Gibson’s USA-made Burstbucker pickups. The Epiphone 1959 Les Paul Standard comes stock with a set of these sought-after beauties wired into a set of Mallory 150 polyester film caps, with CTS pots and a Switchcraft toggle and jack to supply years of proven performance. Take it from Sweetwater: this is no “mod platform” Les Paul. It comes stock with Grade A choice components straight out the Gibson Custom Shop, for plug-in ready rock and blues tones that even Gibson historians will dig.
- Inspired by the iconic 1959 Gibson Les Paul
- American-made Gibson USA Burstbucker pickups are brimming with late-’50s PAF goodness
- Mallory 150 polyester film tone capacitors supply a warm, mellow response
- CTS pots and Switchcraft toggle and jack are rated for years of a dependable performance
- Figured AAA maple top on a full-weight mahogany back
- Rounded Medium “C” mahogany neck nails the speed and handfeel of a true ’59
- Aged gloss finish is reminiscent of Gibson’s VOS finishes
- Tune-O-Matic bridge, Epiphone Vintage Deluxe 18:1 tuners
MAY NOT COME IN ORIGINAL BOX & MAY COME AS A FLOOR MODEL IF LOW ON INVENTORY