Bassists who are looking to step into the pro range without a big price tag should look no further than the ESP LTD B-205SM. This bass has a stunning satin-finished spalted maple top on an ergonomic ash body for a warm and cutting tone, good stage looks, and all-night comfort. A strong bolt-on five-piece maple neck with a Thin U profile and rosewood fingerboard gives the LTD B-205SM a snappy response and fluid playability. Sweetwater bassists were quick to note the LTD B-205SM’s low-noise ESP humbucking pickups with active EQ, stable string-through bridge, and moody black nickel hardware.
The LTD B-205SM has a look and sound that’s unique among basses in this price range. The ash body and bolt-on maple neck give this bass a decidedly American response: bright and punchy mids, a fast attack, and a focused bass response. The spalted maple top’s satin finish gives this instrument an eye-catching look to suit modern styles of music.
ESP electronics have a sound that delivers for modern rock, metal, and fusion, and the LTD-205SM stays true to this reputation. Onboard SB-5 neck and bridge humbuckers give the LTD B-205SM moderate output and low noise for clean stage amplification and accurate studio sound reproduction. A powerful 3-band active EQ section provides lots of tone-shaping options to help your groove find its place in a mix.
- Pro features from an intermediate bass
- Ash body with satin-finished spalted maple top provides a focused sound and deluxe looks
- Snappy bolt-on maple/rosewood neck with a comfortable Thin U profile
- 350mm radius rosewood fretboard responds quickly and accurately
- SB-5 neck and bridge humbuckers deliver modern low-noise amplification
- Active 3-band EQ section for tonal versatility
- String-through bridge adjusts to any playing style
- Black nickel knobs and tuners add to the B-205SM’s moody look
MAY NOT COME IN ORIGINAL BOX & MAY COME AS A FLOOR MODEL IF LOW ON INVENTORY